FP Series PTFE-Metal Hybrid Hose
The Swagelok FP Series Hose has the flexibility of all-metal and cleanability of a PTFE-core. This unique hose design will not allow permeation to the atmosphere outside the hose. End connections are welded to the adapter collar.
FP Series Hose Features
- Smooth-bore PTFE core minimizes turbulence
- 316L stainless steel convoluted cover provides permeation resistance
- Recommended temperature rate of 9 to 150°F (-17 to 65°C)
- Sizes of 1/4 and 1/2 in. and working pressures from vacuum to 116 psig (8.0 bar)
- End connections welded in accordance with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section IX
- Commonly used as a low-pressure transfer hose where a smooth bore for ultra-high purity is critical and permeation to the atmosphere is undesirable
- Standard and custom assemblies available
- Options include hose covers, hose tags, and additional helium leak testing. Please contact your authorized Swagelok representative for details.
Applications for Use
- Ideal for applications where vacuum or ultra-high purity conditions exist, flow control is critical, and the system must be easy-to-clean.
- Semiconductor chip manufacturers will find this hose especially appealing as it can be hooked up to tools much faster (12-20x) without weldments and no concern for disruptive flow or permeating dangerous gases.
Every Swagelok FP series hose assembly is inboard helium leak tested to a maximum leak rate of 1 × 10–9 std cm3/s to ensure product integrity. Additional testing is available, such as UV-A and RGA.
Cleaning and Packaging
Each Swagelok FP series hose is bagged individually and boxed.